Please follow these procedures:
1. Place tests on file in the Testing Center prior to “begin” date with written instructions. For Classroom Testing, a blue Directions for Test Administration form must be filled out completely by faculty for each exam.
2. The instructor’s name, subject, & course name & number must be on the 1st page of the test. Tests will not be accepted if these items are not on each exam. This helps ensure that correct exams are given to students. Please proofread test copies for errors. Testing staff will NOT correct test copy errors.
3. Please do not provide excessive copies of your exam. Fifteen (15) copies of re-usable, re-circulating tests will be adequate.
4. For essay exams, the students should bring one
- (1) Blue Book, or one
- (1) Scantron Mini-Essay Book per exam, or use paper provided by Testing Center staff.
- Students may not bring loose lined paper to the Testing Center.
- Math students will be issued a 2-page scratch paper packet.
5. Faculty must allow at least three (3) days for testing per each exam. If testing must be done in one (1) day, faculty will need to give the exam in class. Also, DO NOT dismiss your class to go to the Testing Center.
6. No outside work (homework, surveys, project, etc.) will be collected/distributed by the Testing Center. This includes “Take-Home” exams, research/writing assignments & surveys.
7. Please do not customize or complicate instructions for your exams. Remember, the Testing Center handles thousands of documents weekly & complicated requests are likely to result in confusion and errors.
8. Testing Center will not accept Final exams in the testing center. Final exams are to be administered in the classroom according to the published Final Exam Schedule.
Questions? Please visit the Testing Center (S2101) or call 214-860-8571.
Testing Center Hours:
Mon & Thur: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Tue, Wed & Fri: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
(Rm W144- Computer Based Testing Only)
Note: Last exam issued 30 minutes before closing.
* Saturday is for computer based testing and ACCUPLACER assessment ONLY!
Referral form from advisor of department is required at time of assessment testing.