The mission of the R.E.A.C.H. program is to provide a student-center, academic enhancement service using a holistic approach toward student wellness and academic performance. The program is designed to assist students by addressing the issues that contribute to difficulties in academic performance by providing group and individual counseling.
The program will encourage systematic problem solving to facilitate a full, rich, balanced experience that will promote lifelong learning. This program is directed to all students WHO DO NOT have an “Academic Standing” of Good”. In order to assist students in their academic success each R.E.A.C.H. student will be required to adhere to the following program requirements:
Students must attend one of the sessions listed below for Fall and Spring Registration. The following registration scheduled will be followed the last two weeks of registration.
1. Attend R.E.A.C.H. orientation the first semester your “Academic Standing” is NOT “Good”.
2. Actively take part in campus tutoring program 1 hour a week or actively participate in an authorized study group
3. Meet (face-to-face) with a R.E.A.C.H. advisor twice a month in the Fall/Spring semesters, weekly in the Summer. Meetings will be used for, but not be limited to, discussions on classroom progress, concerns, program of study, degree mapping and any personal concerns which may be affecting your academic success
4. Attend three Pathways to Success seminars on campus, (within 1 yr.) or discuss suitable alternatives with your advisor, such as Financial literacy programs.
5. Participate in semester course planning using eConnect- Training sessions are offered at various times throughout the semester. Contact the R.E.A.C.H. office for dates and times.
- 8:30 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.
As a reminder these are the guidelines for students planning to attend Mountain View College. If you plan on attending one of the other DCCCD campuses please check their website for requirements and regulations.
The R.E.A.C.H. advisor will act as your advocate for many issues you may encounter which could impact your academic success. The R.E.A.C.H. contacts are as follows:
Sarah Jones - R.E.A.C.H. Specialist V, Phone: 214-860-3672, Email: 6PR@dcccd.edu
, Office: S2038
Sylvia Faz-Leal Academic Advisor II , Phone :214-860-8856, Email: 6PR@dcccd.edu
, Office: S2035