Keeping Safe in a Campus Emergency Video
|About the MVC Police
at Mountain View College Police Department are duly sworn peace
officers under section 51.203 of the Texas Education Code. The officers
possess the same authority under the law as municipal officers. MVC
Police Officers can enforce MVC and DCCCD policies, rules, and
regulations as well as State and Federal laws. MVC Police Officers have
authority to arrest violators, investigate criminal offenses,
investigate traffic accidents, and provide services to the college
community. MVC Police Officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day, 365
days a year.
MVC Police Officers are available by request to provide the following services, subject to manpower availability:
- Investigation of criminal activity on campus
- First Response to medical emergencies
- Accident / Injury immediate response
- Parking enforcement/citations
- Traffic enforcement/citations
- Personal escorts to vehicles *
- Assistance with vehicle battery jump start requests *
- Lost & found services *
- Emergency messages (life or death situations only, please) *
* Denotes services that are subject to officer availability or which may be restricted by law.
Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events
September 15, 2015
1 - 4 p.m.
Click the image for more information.